Confidence is a needed leadership characteristics but is one that is easily misunderstood by others. Confidence is what sets you apart in that you are sure of yourself- your abilities, your purpose, and your qualifications to lead. It’s not an arrogance that causes you to believe that you are better than anyone else, but it’s what gives you the enthusiasm to lead. Conceit, by definition, is having a high opinion of oneself that may not be justified. So, how do you find the right balance? I believe the answer is found when you walk in confidence and in humility. Leadership is not a right, it’s a privilege. When you lead with humility and confidence you are acknowledging that this is only temporary. Lead with confidence but remember- it’s not about you.
- When you seek the welfare of those you lead above your own it will be the defining mark of your #leadership. 6 hours ago
- Self-leadership has become critical, and most of us have no idea how to lead ourselves. careynieuwhof.com/the-1-reason-y… via @cnieuwhof #leadership 9 hours ago
- When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves.- Lao Tzu #leadership 14 hours ago
- One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency. - Arnold H. Glasow #leadership 1 day ago
- Are You Really a Team Player? bizcatalyst360.com/are-you-really… via @bizmasterglobal #teamwork #leadership 2 days ago