Confidence is a needed leadership characteristics but is one that is easily misunderstood by others. Confidence is what sets you apart in that you are sure of yourself- your abilities, your purpose, and your qualifications to lead. It’s not an arrogance that causes you to believe that you are better than anyone else, but it’s what gives you the enthusiasm to lead. Conceit, by definition, is having a high opinion of oneself that may not be justified. So, how do you find the right balance? I believe the answer is found when you walk in confidence and in humility. Leadership is not a right, it’s a privilege. When you lead with humility and confidence you are acknowledging that this is only temporary. Lead with confidence but remember- it’s not about you.
- Loyalty is a two way street. You can't demand it if you are not willing to give it. #leadership #loyalty 1 day ago
- Your success as a leader will not be characterized by an absence of fear but by what you did with it. #leadership 1 day ago
- Don’t allow your critics to throw you off of your game. Stay grounded and connected to the values that have guided you to where you are. 1 day ago
- RT @LollyDaskal: The Art Of Leadership Is Not Without Struggle @LollyDaskal bit.ly/1vdA5C4 #Leadership #LeadFromWithin #HR 1 day ago
- If the challenge we face doesn't scare us, then it's probably not that important. - Simon Sinek #leadership 1 day ago